|Stewards is a nonprofit environmental organization that works
in cooperation with the California Department of Parks and Recreation in the Russian
River Sector to provide the public with opportunities for personal inspiration,
satisfaction, and nurturing of spirit and intellect through environmental stewardship
|1. I am the tallest tree in the Reserve (310 feet), longer than
a football field. See me as you cross the road just before the tree slice on the
nature trail. Can you find a place to see my top?
2. I am the Dinosaur. When you walk by me I look like tree roots standing up in
the air. Because I am shy, you won't see me until you walk and turn around.
3. My name comes from a "Colonel" who used to own us, but wisely decided
we were more important alive than dead. Besides, I am the oldest living being
in the Woods. (1400 years)
4. I am Peppermint Patty. If you walk too fast, you'll miss my smiling face at
the end of a fallen log, right next to the trail. I am only 45 steps from the
5. I may look like an old tree stump, but I am the Wood Troll. I hang out just
across the stream from the bend in the trail and guard the woods during the day.
My eyes have a "rocky" look.
6. If you see my burls hanging down like fat icicles, you'll know that's me, The
Icicle Tree, a friend of Popeye.
7. I am Popeye. hiding in a burl in a tree just behind the Icicle Tree. We live
not far from the bridge where the Wood Troll sleeps at night.
How many did you find?
Open Printable Map [PDF 133KB]